We’re looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to collaborate with and support the Utah Jazz’s leaders and team across the entire talent lifecycle. This is an employee-facing role that will be expected to strategize and collaborate with business leaders and employees to identify growth opportunities, engage and retain employees through HR initiatives, and aid in establishing best practices that are future-focused and innovative. We are seeking a dynamic individual that brings collaboration and organization to our team, thinking about the best ways to partner with the business stakeholders to move initiatives forward.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Collaborate with the VP of People & Culture to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to building, evolving, and maintaining the People & Culture function.
- Administer or oversee the administration of human resource functions including, but not limited to: employee relations, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance management, and a focus on making the employee experience better for every employee.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to determine staffing and recruiting needs.
- Partner with our recruiting team to support the hiring of top talent while working together to ensure an exceptional onboarding experience.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Leverage data to support program designs and prioritization of people related initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard.
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
- Protect the reputation of the company.
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz mission and values: transparency, all in, community obsessed, one team, and scrappy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationship building - Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict - Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Directs work - Provides direction, delegates, and removes obstacles to get work done.
- Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- At least five years of human resources management experience
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels, including part-time, full-time, management and executive positions
- Demonstrates a flexible but consistent manner in handling employee relations issues while keeping legal considerations in mind
- Ability to quickly build rapport and relationships and problem solve with employees and management
- Maintain an elevated level of confidentiality for employee issues and records
- Proficient in Google Suite or related software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the team and organization
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- PHR or SHRM-CP highly preferred
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.