We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Tampa Bay Rays are currently seeking a part-time seasonal employee to perform as a backup mascot during the 2024 season. This individual will perform pre-game, in-game, and sometimes post game. Mascot Performer will also make external, community appearances. These can be festivals, school visits as well as parades. For Home Games, duties include but are not limited to promotions, suite visits, crowd prompts, catching first pitches, dancing, and various photo opportunities. Candidate must be available to work the entire 2024 baseball season. Mascot performers are also expected to serve as Mascot handlers.
• Performer’s height must be between 5’6 and 5’9
• Prior experience in promotions, performing in costume and customer service preferred.
• Must be comfortable performing and interacting with fans in front of large crowds and on camera.
• Must be reliable, punctual, courteous, have good listening skills and ability to multi-task.
• Cardio/respiratory endurance
• Applicants must be 18 years or older.