We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The position is to be a key contributor to The Victory Project team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City internships allow students or recent graduates to hold a temporary position within the organization, with emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization by doing a variety of tasks as assigned by their Team Lead. The Victory Project and Community Impact intern will gain hands-on experience working with The Victory Project Team and by assisting with community events.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Victory Project fundraising events including Victory Gala and Sporting Invitational Golf Tournament.
- Assist with match day programming, including Match Day Honorees, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations.
- Research and recommend new and innovative fundraising ideas and events.
- Assist with stewardship plan to thank Victory Project donors.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Assist with Match Day Honoree experience pre-match and post-match.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a degree in nonprofit management, marketing, sports management, communications, public relations, or related degree
- 1+ year of experience in community activations
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.