The position is to be a key contributor to the Satellite Facility Operations team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City internships allow students or recent graduates to hold a temporary position within the organization, with emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization by doing a variety of tasks as assigned by their Team Lead. The Operations Intern will gain hands-on experience working with the Satellite Facilities Operation Team by assisting, planning and executing all events between all satellite facilities.
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. All SKC interns must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Sports Management or related field and be able to receive academic credit through their college or university degree program or must have recently achieved their bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Help assist, plan and execute the set up and breakdown of all events
- Help assist in keeping all satellite facilities pristine and to the Sporting KC Standard
- Prepare facilities for internal and external rentals
- Assist SFO team with on-going project lists and general maintenance
- Act as a point of contact for SFO special events, rentals and Sporting KC Programs.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Always represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Match Day attendance is determined by events at Satellite Facilities
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Obtaining/Obtained Bachelors Degree in Sport Management or other related field
- Zero years of experience required, but experience in Operations or Facility Management preferred
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to operate and feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five pounds if necessary
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and gamedays, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.