The position is to be a key contributor to the Hospitality/F&B team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City internships allow students or recent graduates to hold a temporary position within the organization, with emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization by doing a variety of tasks as assigned by their Team Lead. The Hospitality/F&B intern will gain hands-on experience working with the team by helping to further develop our programming in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. All SKC interns must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Sports Management or related field or must have recently achieved their bachelor’s degree in a related field and be able to receive academic credit through their college or university degree program.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Ensure that Food and Beverage is being served in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of Match Day/Events to ensure that it is up to HKC standard.
- Ensure availability of manpower, supplies, and equipment to ensure positive guest experience.
- Shadow the Food & Beverage management team with hiring, scheduling, supervision and control of supervisors, servers, and buffet attendants.
- Ensures a "positive atmosphere" in all Food and Beverage locations.
- Attend pre-meal meetings and conduct ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance.
- Must be familiar with commonly accepted standards of etiquette and decorum relating to dining and concessions service.
- Meets and greets customers in both Premium and Concessions Spaces.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and maintenance of product quality and service to our guests.
- Maintains the facility, physical plant, and equipment; submits and follows up on work orders to ensure completion of projects.
- Maintains clean and organized storage areas.
- Complies with stadium policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
- Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions.
- Assist in regulation of distribution of necessary supplies.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, and general duties.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Control of Food and Beverage areas: checks all areas for maintenance requirements and follow-up, ensures correct billing to all accounts, ensures that the outlet maintains the integrity of a responsible vendor of alcohol.
- Constantly observes quality service standards.
- Effectively handles customer concerns.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Always represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Currently Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in applicable major in Hospitality or Sports Management.
- Able to work on projects alone and present in front of a group.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and listen consistently.