The Sporting Kansas City Account Executive is responsible for following all sales protocols in pursuing prospects to meet and exceed group, partial packages, premium seats and season ticket sales goals. The Account Executive will service as the primary sales and marketing contact for all clients, maintaining continued communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Game Day Responsibilities
- Use strategic telemarketing, email and face-to-face appointments to contact potential clients.
- Successfully complete an 8-10 month training program.
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by the Sales Leader.
- Build trust and a professional business relationship with all clients.
- Prospect new clients by networking throughout the community.
- Sell a full menu of ticket plans including, but not limited to, single games, premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans and group tickets to both business and individual consumers.
- Consistently touch base with clients to pass along relevant information in order to convert them into ticket buyers.
- Educate clients about potential ticket upgrades with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue.
- Develop and plan group events to create a unique experience for a group.
- Coordinate with clients to plan times to meet and greet during Sporting Kansas City games.
- Host clients on the field for post-game photo opportunities.
- Reach out to clients after game day to ensure they had the best possible fan experience.
- Show empathy to clients who may be upset, making sure to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Perform various game day duties.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate game day visits with clients.
- Call all clients before games to ensure they are prepared, answering any additional questions they may have and resolving any ticketing issues.
- Arrange stadium tours for new prospects.
- Set up sales tables and attend to them during the game.
- Walk around Children’s Mercy Park to greet guests and answer questions.
- Complete a post-game unique experience for clients, including photos on the field.
- Follow-up on experience with clients.
Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Confidence, tact and persuasive manner.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or other related field required.
- Prior experience in a professional atmosphere preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques, or open to learning.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.