The primary goal for the Sporting Kansas City Academy Goalkeeper Coach is to oversee, develop and implement a Long-Term Development plan for age groups U13 – U19. These tasks primarily include but are not limited to, providing the goalkeepers of the club with a knowledge of the Sporting Kansas City system of play and how to play within this system, technical and tactical skill acquisition, video analysis to further their education. This position will report directly to the Academy Director and First Team Goalkeeper Coach.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Assisting to plan and implement a specific training curriculum for all Academy goalkeepers.
- Direct on-field warm-ups and goalkeeping sessions to prepare them for their team sessions.
- Enhancing the technical, tactical, and psychological aspects of the game of soccer to all Academy goalkeepers.
- Assist the Second Team Goalkeeper Coach as available for daily tasks.
- Communicate with the First and Second Team Goalkeeper Coaches on the progress of goalkeepers in the club and maintain a depth chart of all goalkeepers.
- Collect and trim game videos for the goalkeepers to go over specific actions to help the goalkeepers improve.
- Use game and training video to help the goalkeepers learn how to self-evaluate and correct.
- Communicate with Academy Technical staff on the development of the goalkeepers as well as session plans and how they correlate with their work.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Must be available to work long hours, including but not limited to holidays and weekends.
- Extensive travel to all Academy away games will be required.
Skills & Experience
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, as well as exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with a team, showing team management and productivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time-management.
- Energetic and dependable.
- Rapid communication.
- Professionalism at all times.
- Minimum of three (2-3) years of experience working with elite/competitive athletes or playing in such environment.
- Proficiency in demonstrating goalkeeping skills to athletes.
- USSF C license with the intention of obtaining a B license or higher.
- Previous experience coaching sports and managing athletes at a minimum of the collegiate or academy level.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working or competing in an elite/competitive soccer environment.
- USSF B license is preferred.
- Professional playing experience preferred