Job Title: Rehabilitation & Return to Sport Coordinator
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Vice President, Health & Performance
Directly Supervises: Physical Therapists & Return to Sport Staff
Primary Objective: Responsible fordirectly supervising all player rehabilitation and return to sport operations at the Peoria Facility.
- Serve as a liaison between Peoria High Performance (HP) staff and Business Operations staff to ensure facility is optimized for use year-round.
- Communicate with the Head Strength & Conditioning (S&C) Coach to create a synergistic approach toward injury prevention and maintenance programs.
- Provide strong people leadership; implement strategies to effectively manage Team Members and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of department’s people resources.
- Train, evaluates performance, and fosters growth and development of Team Members, encouraging personal and professional development.
- Collaborate with other members of HP Leadership Team to insure effective implementation of health and performance services in the Peoria Facility throughout the year.
- Act as a support system and resource for all Peoria HP Staff.
- Coordinate Rehab & Return to Play Staff and communicate status of all players in the RTP Group.
- Oversee return to play process for Major League and Minor League rehabbing players using collaborative approach which will include all members of the HP Team (medical, performance, mental skills, strategists, nutrition, sport science).
- Communicate with the Major League Athletic Training Staff to keep programming and implementation uniform to provide a seamless transition for players to and from the Peoria facility.
- Ensure consistency of instruction from medical and performance team in exercise delivery.
- Develop and implement long-term plans for players on rehab assignment.
- Communicate with all Team & Consulting Physicians on medical management of Mariners players’ injuries and return to play programming including but not limited to attending medical appointments, surgeries, imaging appointments, etc. as needed.
- Coordinate off-season rehabilitation and return to play programs for Major and Minor League Players
- Ensure accurate and thorough record keeping and documentation.
- Assist in conducting spring training, draft, and end of season physicals throughout the organization.
- Assist with scheduling of doctor appointments, surgical consults, surgeries, and follow-up appointments.
- Collaborate with Major League Head S&C Coach to implement strength and conditioning operations at the Peoria Facility
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Current licenses and certifications – ATC or PT/DPT required, CSCS or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience required
- Previous high level collegiate or professional sports leadership experience preferred
- Must be eligible for all federal and/or state licenses required to practice
- Spanish proficiency preferred
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must possess computer proficiency with email, MS Word and Excel.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt way. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Maximum lifting of up to 100 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pound; typically standing and walking for the majority of the day.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Travel may be required.
- Position is based out of Peoria, Arizona