Job Title:Regional Scout – Dominican Republic (North Region)
Reports To: Director, International Scouting
Primary Objective: Responsible for reporting on international amateur players across the northern region of the Dominican Republic. Build relationships with relevant baseball personnel, while representing the Seattle Mariners organization in a positive manner. Responsible for supporting and assisting the Mariners International Scouting Department in all facets of player evaluation.
- Evaluate players at the amateur level.
- Maintain working knowledge of Mariners systems, processes, and philosophies.
- Collaborate with Baseball Operations leadership in developing self-improvement plans in all areas, including goal-planning and regular reviews.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive “Preference List” of the players seen in the assigned region.
- Create and maintain accurate amateur player bio’s.
- Manage and disseminate up-to-date scheduling information.
- Effectively manage different assignments within the amateur international realm, and complete in a timely manner.
- Prepare Expenses in a timely, fiscally-responsible, and accurate manner for the office.
- Evaluate and report on players of interest across the Dominican Republic, at all levels of baseball, as assigned.
- Maintain a video library of players of interest.
- Learning how to test & implement our Athletic Measurables program.
- Ability to effectively utilize different baseball technologies, in order to gather data on the amateur players.
- Attend departmental virtual meetings, as well as any in-person organizational meetings.
- Complete assigned scout development exercises.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant work required. Previous experience in professional sports is preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Strong grasp of player evaluation
- High-level communication skills (written and verbal form)
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to build positive relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Acts in a manner that is fair & ethical, and always with integrity
- Takes personal responsibility for thoroughly completing assignments in a timely manner
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Power Point, and Word)
- The ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Travel is required
- Must live within, or be willing to move to, the northern region of the Dominican Republic