Job Title: Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Senior Director of High Performance, Head Major League Strength & Conditioning Coach
Status: Full Time
Directly Supervises: Assistant Minor League S&C Coordinator, MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coaches
Primary Objective: The Minor League S&C Coordinator will serve as a part of a comprehensive team in a high-performance professional baseball setting. This position is responsible for teaching and overseeing each minor league strength and conditioning coach to help develop them and the progress of the entire strength and conditioning department. This position is also responsible for supervising the delivery of strength & conditioning programs for minor league athletes at each assigned affiliate.
- Create and develop program design models for use in daily preparation, lifting, and conditioning at all affiliate levels.
- Assist in the creation and development of player performance screens and assessments.
- Approve program creation and implementation at all minor league levels.
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly reports from all minor league S&C coaches.
- Communicate with MiLB Athletic Training Coordinator and Sports Science staff to aid in the synergistic approach of program development and injury prevention.
- Collaborate with field staff coordinators to maximize player performance.
- Create off-season programming and secure materials for each minor league player by season’s end.
- Act as a support system for the S&C coaches for questions and clarifications.
- Evaluate S&C coaches, assess player progress, and ensure high quality work performance.
- Vet and hire employees for the Minor League S&C Department with final approval from directors.
- Communicate with the Major League S&C Staff to maintain uniformity throughout the organization to provide a seamless transition for minor league players advancing to the major league level.
- Manage MiLB budget and financial reporting.
Education and Experience:
- CSCS and RSCC certifications
- Previous experience in professional sports
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to lead and manage staff, including remote employees.
- Must be a committed professional, with strong analytic focus.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate program buy-in.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Shall possess strong decision-making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic thinking; formulating objectives and priorities and implementing plans consistent with short- and long-term interests. Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with management, team members, and vendors.
- Must possess outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Must also be clear and organized, persuasive, yet inclusive.
- Acts in a manner that is fair and ethical, and always with integrity.
- Must possess computer proficiency with email, MS Word and Excel.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Maximum lifting of up to 100 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pounds; typically standing and walking for most of the day
- Position will require non-traditional work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Position may require travel.
- Position is based out of Peoria, Arizona