At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves. To us it is so much more than just a game or concert. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create moments that excite, memories that endure, and connections that strengthen our community.
The Talent Academy Associate program is a 1 to 2-year program intended for college graduate candidates. Associates are partnered directly with a high-level SS&E leader and immersed in their day-to-day responsibilities directly impacting strategic achievement of organizational goals. This will be an experience with enhanced access and exposure to organizational leadership and strategy. Associates can expect to be fully involved in ambitious projects where their day-to-day responsibilities will directly impact strategic achievement of organizational goals.
Status: Seasonal, Full-Time
Pay: Non-Exempt, Hourly Rate $24.00
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Learn to run effective leadership meetings for the purposes of taking on the lead role for follow-up items with designated departments under your Executive Leader’s oversight. This includes building agendas, ensuring participation, follow-up on action items, and outlining next steps.
- Bridge the communication gap for your assigned Executive Leader by ensuring they are aware of the status and progress for business operations major initiatives. This includes a wide variety of areas where the Associate can contribute such as providing briefings for key meetings or speaking engagements, proactive follow-up and leader preparation on vital action items, research for current topics or attended events, and building documents/presentations as needed. (e.g., identify goals and messaging, provide background on attendees, etc.)
- Bridge the business progress gap by driving results in support of your assigned Executive Leader’s business units. The Associate will be empowered to collaborate with business unit leaders to support the management of critical initiatives across the company and make progress on priority workstreams, advising the leader on key decisions, tracking deliverables, etc.
- Provide day-to-day organization and execution of various administrative support duties for Leader as it relates to meeting attendance, note taking, calendar administration and general correspondence.
- Participate regularly in developmental classes and growth opportunities through “SSEU”, our in-house professional development university, to gain individual and leadership focused training.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders daily to support daily business operations and strategic projects associated with organizational goal achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably with a concentration in an area such as Creative, Sales, Digital, Communications and Marketing.
- 3+ years’ combined experience working within project management, strategy, or operations through work experience, internships and/or through student leadership roles.
- Proficient with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and similar programs such as One Drive, Google Drives, Box, and Betterworks.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and the right temperament to work in a fast-paced, high expectations environment.
- Strong presentation skills to include the ability to draft both short and long-form executive communications.
- Proficiency managing multiple tasks under deadlines while balancing shifting priorities.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Strong cross-functional project collaboration and decision-making skills.
- Experience working directly with leadership teams.
- Functional expertise in Retail, Brand, Digital, Communications or Marketing