Do you prefer working in the outdoors over a desk job and being hands-on in your daily duties? We are currently seeking a Groundskeeper 1 to help maintain the soccer stadium for our USL team San Antonio FC.
Under close supervision and guidance, the Groundskeeper 1 is responsible for the maintenance of the grounds and turf, irrigation systems, landscape plantings, trees, signage, fencing, buildings and structures, and parking areas that relate to Toyota Field and STAR Soccer Complex, as well the maintenance of equipment used to carry out these duties. This role is responsible for the preparation, layout, and painting of all competition and practice fields.
At SS&E, we strive to provide the best benefits in the game with competitively priced health dental and vision insurance, complimentary tickets to Spurs games and concerns, as well as generous vacation days to relax and recharge.
This position is based in San Antonio, TX.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Facility Maintenance: Perform duties associated with the daily maintenance of all facilities throughout the complex, ensuring that all facilities are in good repair and operating safely and efficiently.
- Equipment Operation: Participate in all equipment training and learn to operate all tools and equipment in accordance with verbal and written instructions.
- Field Layout: Aid in measuring the field markings needed for sporting events. Aid in the field painting process as directed.
- Perform assigned duties customary to sports field maintenance: Perform repairs to irrigation systems, tree and shrub pruning, mowing, edging, fertilizer/pesticide applications, sod installation.
- Provide event support on game days and/or for other special events.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Interest in turf-grass and sports field maintenance.
- Willingness to work extended and/or irregular hours including weekends, nights, holidays, as required to meet the competition and practice schedule.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must have the ability to pass a standard background screening.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work outside in all seasons and weather 95% of the time.
- This position requires 100% on-site attendance.