We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Communications Associate Manager to develop, lead and implement critical communication initiatives to promote our club, San Antonio FC.
Founded in 2016 as part of the Spurs Sports & Entertainment organization, San Antonio FC is a professional soccer team located in San Antonio, TX. This role will perform the traditional sports focused PR duties, in partnership with the SS&E PR department, and will be asked to show creativity and hustle in generating PR for all efforts
While reporting to the VP of Communications, a successful incumbent will collaborate very closely with and receive direction from the VP/Managing Director of San Antonio FC and team staff.
At SS&E, we strive to provide the best benefits in the game with competitively priced health dental and vision insurance, generous vacation days to relax and recharge as well as the opportunity to be a part of a hybrid-flexible work environment.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Direct, lead all aspects of and execute San Antonio FC communications efforts (team, business and community relations) to include creating and identifying media opportunities to provide maximum positive exposure for soccer and business operations.
- Be responsible for the SAFC brand narrative and partner in its evolution as the club continues to progress in the community and regional area.
- Develop and evaluate the team’s communications strategy while maintaining solid relationships with local media as well as with SAFC coaches, players and front office staff (business and soccer operations).
- Design, write, edit and produce media guide, as well as game notes, press releases, internal communications and other materials (team and business related).
- Take the lead on managing media needs including the coordination and execution of player appearances to include individual interview requests at practices and matches.
- Oversee all aspects of game night operations including media set-up, media dining, credentials, stats operations, game night staff, pre and post match media and team photographers.
- Contribute to the various news and social media outlets managed by SAFC while building and producing content for team website, social and new media and other internal communications channels.
- Travel with the team on road trips and serve as the communications contact while also assisting with operations duties as assigned.
- Willingness and ability to implement projects assigned soccer and business operations management staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, PR, related field or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of two years sports PR experience, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign with a tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Goal, detail and multi-task oriented with the ability to prioritize projects.
- Able to work in a confidential environment while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for work.
- Flexible schedule with the willingness to work nights, weekends and extended periods without days off throughout the soccer season.