At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for Conversion Crew Lead to join our family!
This position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of conversions and other setups for Spurs Sports & Entertainment. This position also functions as a Conversion Crew Leader who leads others in setting up and removing stages, chairs, basketball courts and other equipment vital for all AT&T Center events which may include NBA and NCAA games, concerts, and special events.
Pay Rate: $15-16/Hr.
Status: Full-time, overtime eligible
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement, and more!
Does this sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for special events, basketball games, and concerts. Duties include but not limited to: setting up and tearing down the basketball floor, chairs, retractable seating, barricades, staging, tables, and other equipment.
- Respond to requests from management, vendors, guests, events, and team representatives to move furniture, boxes, and other equipment.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property, and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Complete physical inspections to ensure adherence to AT&T Center standards of productivity, equipment, proper use of materials and equipment, quality control, supply inventory and personal appearance as it relates to assigned staff.
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met.
- 1 year of conversion or event operations experience required.
- High School diploma or GED or similar.
- Familiarity with using various tools and fasteners
- Highly proficient at prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting various targets simultaneously.
- Strong teamwork and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to operate equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other heavy equipment. Certifications a plus.
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings/overnight, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Meet the physical demands of this role, which includes being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting up to 75lbs, carrying, moving, climbing, and working from various heights with moderate to loud noises. Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
- This position will not work from home, unless specifically instructed