You could be part of the excitement at the Sacramento Kings. Our internship program will contribute to your education and to your professional growth and development. Our program has a rich combination of learning and networking activities that will make your term impactful, beneficial, and yes, FUN!
Interns may be responsible for any relocation and/or housing expenses.
Kings University starts October 10, 2023, and runs through the 23-24 season!
The Ticket Sales & Services intern will be responsible for providing support to the ticket sales operations and partnerships team to assist in planning and executing season ticket member benefits and partnership activations. The individual will gain hands-on experience and become an active member of the sales team by providing support in the sales operations process that includes game day event support, administering of ticket purchases, game day programming, client retention, client servicing, and added support for game day event fan experiences. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who has an “all hands on deck” mentality and is willing to engage with teammates and our fanbase to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
Offering a hands-on and immersive experience, internships at the Stockton Kings are structured to provide an exceptional experience in the sports industry and provide the skills needed to jump-start your career in sports.
- Learn best practices for selling group, season, and mini-plan ticket packages.
- Perform grassroots marketing activities at various locations across the San Joaquin Valley to drive fan development and sales lead generation.
- Effectively utilize sales technology including and keep accurate records in CRM.
- Process orders in Archtics ticketing system. Take all necessary steps and fill out all required forms/computer documents in order to complete the sale.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Stockton Kings game day fan experiences and theme nights on game day.
- Provide additional support for sales staff for all setup and breakdown of community and game day events.
- Ensure all ticket sales game day requirements are done prior to the start of the game.
- Work in the box office on game nights to assist with any ticketing issues that may arise.
- Support sales team in creating marketing collateral and providing client support for events.
- Create and present your own internship sales project to the Stockton Kings leadership team.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by Sales Leadership.
- In progress or completed related major/degree required. Business or Communications degree preferred.
- Applicable experience from internships, school athletic departments, or school organizations preferred.
- Must have strong writing and editing ability, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize within a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and have a willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate and engage with internal clients and fans with a customer-first attitude.
- Ability to think creatively and have fun in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, nights, and weekends.
- Expectation to attend all Stockton Kings home games.
- Reliable transportation to travel between the Sacramento and Stockton offices is required.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. or more to assist in event setups and promotions.
To qualify for Kings University internships, you must be:
- Currently enrolled in college or have graduated within 12 months
- Able to commute to the downtown Sacramento office
- Able to work 25 hours per week
Interns will be compensated $15.50 per hour and receive benefits such as California Paid Sick Leave, discounts on Sacramento Kings merchandise, and free parking.
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.