You could be part of the excitement at the Sacramento Kings. Our internship program will contribute to your education and to your professional growth and development. Our program has a rich combination of learning and networking activities that will make your term impactful, beneficial, and yes, FUN!
Interns may be responsible for any relocation and/or housing expenses.
Kings University starts October 11, 2023, and runs through the 23-24 season!
Are you a college student or recent graduate looking to make a meaningful impact while gaining valuable experience in the field of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion? Join us in contributing to the Sacramento Kings' commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture!
- Shape DEI Initiatives: Collaborate with our DEI team to help establish fundamental procedures and best practices for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and the broader Sacramento Kings team members.
- Data Management: Play a pivotal role in creating and maintaining an ERG database, tracking vital metrics such as membership, attrition, and promotions, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- Empower Learning: Assist in the development of mentorship, allyship, and anti-bias learning content that supports our DEI education and training objectives, contributing to a more inclusive workplace.
- Craft Engaging Content: Curate the monthly DEI Newsletter, bringing together insights and updates from ERGs, partners, and colleagues, amplifying voices and stories.
- Enhance Training Materials: Transform DEI Institute training materials from static PowerPoint presentations into inclusive and engaging formats accessible to all Sacramento Kings ERGs.
- Forge Alliances: Support our strategic partnership efforts with external organizations in the DEI space, fostering collaborations that drive meaningful change.
- Community Building: Cultivate relationships within the Sacramento NorCal Region, connecting with ERG Leads to explore joint engagement opportunities and expand our networks.
- Event Planning: Contribute to the planning and execution of internal events, including speaker series and DEI-focused employee engagement initiatives like Power Café DEI Conversations and Heritage Month celebrations.
- Educational Background: Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited undergraduate degree program related to human resources, psychology, communications, liberal arts, cognitive sciences, or business.
- Tech-Savvy: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook a must.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective interactions with peers, senior executives, and partners via email and video.
- Inclusivity Advocate: A strong commitment to embracing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment for all.
- Analytical Mindset: Ability to analyze data and draw relevant correlations, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- Compassion and Discretion: Show compassion and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive subject matters.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and dynamic situations.
To qualify for Kings University internships, you must be:
- Currently enrolled in college or have graduated within 12 months
- Able to commute to the downtown Sacramento office
- Able to work 25 hours per week
Interns will be compensated $15.50 per hour and receive benefits such as California Paid Sick Leave, discounts on Sacramento Kings merchandise, and free parking.
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.