For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Racing & Technology are currently seeking an experienced Composite Technician to be part of our amazing Event Support Group.
This role will be responsible for the mechanical build and set up of key composite assemblies, along with maintaining high quality structural and cosmetic repairs to aero surface standards. Both at the factory and events.
- To ensure that all parts/assemblies are manufactured, assembled and setup in accordance with event specifications and FiA regulations.
- The Event Support Group works very closely with the Race Team and will require you to attend multiple events throughout the year to match support rotation, ensuring a seamless transition is upheld between both functions. Along with supporting Heritage projects.
- This role fuses industry leading composite material technology with mechanical assembly and will suit an applicant with strong technical and practical experience.
- Comply with the required daily tasks using the team’s IT systems.
- Communication with trackside personnel on specification, trackside requirements & logistics.
- Constructive reporting of issues, concerns, or failures, using the team’s Quality systems.
- Managing the progress of components and assemblies through multiple department processes, for both new component manufacture and turnaround.
- Maintaining accurate event build reports and setup sheets along with ensuring component and assembly service intervals are maintained.
- Managing the replacement of components to meet planned usage and mileage/stock limitations.
To fulfil this position, you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of advanced composite structures and repair methods.
- Knowledge & understanding of technical drawings and build processes.
- Experience working in a high pressure F1 team environment or similar, with very tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organisational and effective time management skills are essential not to mention high attention to detail.
- Confident IT user, with systems experience in stock and mileage control, along with CAD and BOM structure knowledge relevant to the Formula 1 industry.
- An ability to work with minimum supervision, under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- A flexible, proactive approach to your duties and the ability to travel and support events as and when the business requires, ensuring all deadlines are achieved without compromise.
Not only is this a fantastic Composite Event Support role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Technology. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Job Posting End DateFri, 27 Oct 2023