The Business and Data Analyst has a pivotal role responsible for providing critical insights and data-driven recommendations that support business decisions. Reporting to the Director, Business and Data Strategy, this role is critical in helping administer the data technology stack, create and maintain data ETLs, visualize, analyze, and maintain critical data dashboards, perform ad hoc data analysis, create and maintain data and statistical models, and leverage data insights to inform decision-making.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyze ticket sales data and performance metrics to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Serve as CRM lead and manage day-to-day operation of CRM and CDP databases.
- Work closely with Ticketing and Partnership on a daily basis to load leads, manage sales and service campaigns, and automate sales flows.
- Develop efforts to maintain, clean, assist, innovate flows, and grow CRM and CDP databases.
- Analyze campaign performance and provide insights to senior leadership with the purpose of informing future sales and service strategies.
- Work closely with Analytics and Marketing team to assist in database segmentation.
- Generate regular reports and dashboards to provide insights on ticket sales, pricing effectiveness, and customer segments.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of customer behavior, preferences, and purchasing habits to enhance fan engagement strategies.
- Provide data-driven recommendations on improving sales processes, customer experiences, and promotional campaigns.
- Analyze competitive and industry trends to identify market positioning and growth opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of various ticketing initiatives and promotions, providing insights for optimization.
- Develop forecasting models to project ticket sales, attendance, and revenue for upcoming games and seasons.
- Assist in the design and execution of surveys and research to gather fan feedback and insights.
- Maintain and update data analytics tools, databases, ETLs, and reporting systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and timely data sharing and integration.
- Collaborate frequently with IT department and other system administrators to implement vendor sourced software, configuring software, customizing, and integrating it with current systems.
- Create strategies to resolve, clean, enrich, and unify data of various types from disparate data sources and subsequently surface unified data to business applications and users.
- Apply a combination of programming languages (SQL, Python, & R) to assist with multiple business functions across the club.
- Stay up-to-date with data analytics trends and tools to continually enhance analysis capabilities.
- Develop innovative dashboards and database automations that can easily tell a complex story to decision makers.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a data analyst role.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or a related field with focus on computer science, data science, or programming.
- Sports experience preferred with an understanding of Major League Soccer and International soccer.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Azure, Power Automate, and Power BI.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Technological aptitude; an ability to troubleshoot and learn complex systems to solve problems and questions.
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
- Ability to tell a simple story from complex data.
- Experience learning, building, and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets across a variety of source systems.
- Basic knowledge of the following programming languages: SQL, R, and/or Python.
- Knowledge of third-party APIs, especially RESTful APIs, and handling structured/unstructured data (XML, JSON, and natural language text) preferred but not required.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools; Azure Data Factory preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.