Senior Manager, International Brand & Content Strategy
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and build sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of creating memorable experiences.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager, International Brand & Content Strategy on our Digital Services team, to support launch and growth of the Suns brand globally through engaging content on social and digital platforms, by driving strategy and execution for social and branded content activations in international markets, maximizing global fan growth and engagement with our global fan audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Social Strategy, this role is primarily responsible for leading our current growth in China, Mexico & Latin America, and Japan. This includes managing the day-to-day relationships with external agency partners, as well as internal teams focused on content, creative, and brand strategy, driving development and execution of organic and partner-branded content plans supporting our international markets.
What Will You Do:
- Manage external marketing agencies to ensure projects are progressing as planned and hitting key objectives
- Content planning, execution, and campaign status updates
- Creative asset requests, content sharing, content capture, etc.
- Communication and coordination with key internal stakeholders
- Develop and drive brand strategy for international audiences, identifying amplification and brand storytelling opportunities for existing content and core brand messaging, supporting international engagement and audience growth
- Work alongside agency partners, content, creative, and social teams to distribute content during key moments, including games, influencer activations, All-Star Weekend, Summer League, NBA Draft, etc.
- Collaborate with a diverse integrated marketing team (Brand Marketing, Communications, Content, Creative, Digital, and Partner Marketing) to design, plan and execute content strategy, international marketing efforts, brand strategy, partner strategy, and fan growth projects:
- Lead internal meetings to collaborate across domestic and international marketing (social, digital, CRM/database, experiential) efforts
- Track project tasks and completion dates
- Coordinate internal partner meetings and communication with key agency partners
- In collaboration with the individual departments and agency partners, create a reporting system to track and analyze performance across all metrics
- Collaborate on analytics and reporting, socializing recurring insights and digital analytics
- Oversees annual internal and agency goal setting
- Compile tracking and performance reporting and conduct analysis on consolidated data
- Consolidate reports from external agencies and internal tracking to provide comprehensive performance reporting and analysis
- Track performance of all campaign deliverables against fan growth and engagement metrics
- Manage campaign components of partner activation allowances, ensuring dollars are effectively allocated and ROI is maximized
What We Need From Our Senior Manager, International Brand & Content Strategy:
- A self-starter with excellent collaboration skills
- A creative thinker, adept at ideation, with the ability to plan, pitch and propose new content ideas
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Problem solving, research, and analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to review research and consumer insights data to make effective decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience creating visual presentations with Canva, PowerPoint, Keynote, Beautiful.ai, etc.
- Familiarity with social analytics and marketing intelligence tools
- Experience working within project management platforms (i.e., monday.com, Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Wrike, etc.)
- A positive team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- A curious mindset, with interest in working in a new and innovative area of our organization, helping drive the Suns brand globally, across multiple international markets
- A passion for entertainment and popular culture
Experience/ Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in brand strategy and international marketing, ideally in the sports and entertainment industries
- Well-versed with social media channels, including Instagram, X (Twitter), TikTok, and Facebook
- Strong understanding of marketing, communications, and engagement strategy, and how to effectively utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Agency experience is a plus
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to optimally perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs.
- Ability to transit around the arena for long periods of time.
- Occasional travel from time to time for professional development.
- This position works mainly indoors, removed from extreme weather; exposure to weather is <5%
- S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
- Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor.
- Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person.
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English.
- Wide range of fulltime benefit options including
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverages
- Life and Disability options
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave programs
- In-arena work requirements with the potential of hybrid schedules based on each role and department.
- Discounts at Fanatics Team Shop
- Tickets available for Phoenix Mercury and Rattlers games
- Visit our Culture page to learn more about our culture and work environment
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at [email protected]