SECURITY OFFICER (2nd SHIFT)
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and create sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of creating memorable experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Security Officer with the Security Department. This position will be responsible to patrol and report any activity that may involve acts of crime, terrorism, vandalism or general Phoenix Suns Arena infractions on the property. This information will be reported to Security Control where the course of action will be determined to resolve the situation followed up by preparing a written report of all accounts of the incident/situation.
What Will You Do:
- Patrolling all levels and exterior of the Arena, screening employees, guests and vendors of access to the facility, or performing posted duties,
- Security Officers observe and report damage or theft of company property, complete initial investigation on incidents.
- Respond to, evaluate and notify individuals of fire alarms inside the premises
- Possess a strong working knowledge of all security posts with the capability to exercise good judgment in a professional manner at each position. These positions include, but are not limited to: The Security Control Room, Guest Services desk, South Gate, Patrol
- Document incidents utilizing the basic fundamentals of report writing on Microsoft based programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Security officers will conduct follow-up investigations as needed to assist with the determination of the outcome to the investigation.
- Carry out company policy and procedure.
What We Need From Our Security:
- Successful candidates will have a high standard in interpersonal skills, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communications, outstanding customer service skills, and good judgement.
- Being able to think on your feet, quickly process information and balance stressful situations is a must!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Displays initiative and assertiveness
Experience/ Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Prior law enforcement or military background a plus
- 2 -3 years security experience
- Valid Arizona’s driver’s license to operate company vehicles and carts
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
- Ability to stand, walk, sit for various periods of time
- Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
- This position works mainly indoors, removed from extreme weather; exposure to weather is <5%
- S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor
- Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
- Discounts at Fanatics Team Shop
- Tickets available for Phoenix Mercury and Rattlers games
Visit our Culture page to learn more about our culture and work environment
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at [email protected]