Event Security personnel have a direct responsibility for the experience, welfare, and safety of Footprint Center guests. By maintaining established security policies and procedures, staff will protect the arena, its assets, employees, and guests.
What You Will Do:
Providing outstanding Customer Service is a main component of this role. Personnel will serve as information specialists responding professionally and patiently to guests’ comments, questions, and requests as well as greet, welcome, and thank customers as they arrive and exit each event. A significant portion of your shift will consist of searching guests’ bags via x-ray for prohibited items and monitoring guest flow through walk through metal detectors, utilizing hand wands when necessary.
- Provide outstanding customer service that exceeds guests’ expectations while always seeking to find opportunities to improve guest experience.
- Have a strong understanding of the arena layout to provide guests assistance and clear direction including during emergency situations
- Respond quickly and accurately to an incident. Utilize friendly persuasion and be firm and consistent while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Have a clear understanding of and ensure arena policies and procedures are followed by maintaining order and ensure adherence to all safety rules
- Respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner
- To ensure safety, monitor and control crowds during all events
- Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas
- Write clear and concise incident reports
- Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the Arena
What We Need From Our Team Member:
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing personality, and verbal communication skills
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance as outlined by the Employee Handbook
- Ability to remain calm and focused at all times
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations
- Ability to memorize layout of Footprint Center
- Ability to be flexible with various post/work location based on business needs
- High school diploma required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is recommended
What You Can Expect:
Event Security Personnel do work in all weather conditions conducting multiple foot patrols of the facility without assistance or standing at stationary posts for several hours. Due to the nature of our business, employees work in an environment with large crowds and loud noises. Personnel will be subject to intense heights, including climbing ladders, walking on a catwalk 90 feet above ground level, climbing steep stairs on top levels, etc.
- Shifts include games, concerts, ticketed events, and other small events
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays. Assigned shifts will average 4 – 6 hours in length. End times may vary depending on the specific event.
- Ability to manipulate radios, vehicle screening mirrors, hand wands and other essential equipment
- Ability to lift items weighing 25 pounds or more
- Ability to carry objects 30 yards without assistance
- Ability to assist guests and staff in various situations, including but not limited to pushing wheelchairs and/or picking up, dragging, or otherwise moving persons in distress.
- Visual acuity
- Able to reach, twist, and kneel
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V