TITLE: Academy Lead Scout
DEPARTMENT: Team Operations
REPORTS TO: Technical Director and Academy Director
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Academy Lead Scout is responsible for leading both day to day operations and scouting strategies for Orlando City Academy. The Academy Lead Scout will observe, identify and recruit players both in territory and open market territories. The successful candidate will report to the Academy Director and Technical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Scout players for the academy teams in Orlando City SC Homegrown Territories.
· Explore and scout players in MLS Open Territories.
· Manage Regional and Network Scouts in local and open territories.
· Observe and write player reports for technical staff.
· Manage and report scouting database.
· Scout and recommend players to attend Academy tryouts or Talent ID sessions.
· Work with Player Development Lead to identify and recruit players.
· Attend OC Academy training and games where needed.
· Other duties assigned by Academy Director.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
· USSF ‘B’ License or Equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in elite soccer.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience working in scouting.
· Proven history of identifying and recruiting players.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
· Collaborative management style – an advocate of team concepts.
· Positive influencer, comfortable with leading dynamic change.
· Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere. (This may include nights, weekends, and holidays.)
· USSF ‘A’ License
· US Soccer Talent Scout Course
· Professional Scouting Experience (MLS Academy, MLS Pro/First Team, USYNT)
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) or multi-lingual fluency
· Experience, familiarity, and network within OCSC Territory is strongly preferred.
About Orlando City:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.