Title: Grounds Supervisor, Exploria Stadium
Department: Facility Operations
Reports to: Head Groundskeeper, Exploria Stadium
FLSA: Full Time; Exempt
Position Summary: The Grounds Supervisor- Exploria Stadium will assist in managing and maintaining the integrity of the natural grass field at Exploria Stadium.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with all operations of field maintenance at Exploria Stadium including painting, mowing, irrigation, chemical application, and any special projects as needed.
- Responsible for the execution of an effective fertility, fungicide, and pest control program for Exploria Stadium.
- Proactively identify turf grass diseases, weeds, and pests, and take appropriate action to correct these issues.
- Assist in equipment and irrigation repair and maintenance.
- Assist the Head Groundskeeper-Exploria Stadium in developing the annual facility operating budget for the stadium.
- Work all MLS and NWSL home games, assisting the Head Groundskeeper as needed.
- Build effective and productive relationships within the organization, along with other employees, visitors, and staff.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all MLS and NWSL coaches and soccer operations staff.
- Provide coverage at the training facilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Turf Grass Science, Horticulture, or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of grounds maintenance related work experience in soccer with 1 year of leadership experience preferred.
- Candidate should possess or have the ability to obtain the Florida Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
- Ability to operate turf related equipment (i.e., tractors, mowers, aerifiers, field paint machine).
- Candidate must have strong leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Ability to resolve concerns expeditiously and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Experience with hosting field events including sporting and concerts, using various field protection systems is a plus.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time and in various weather conditions.
- May work in an outdoor setting as required.
- Ability to walk and stand for short periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.