About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Live Events Associate
DEPARTMENT: Live Events
REPORTS TO: Event Coordinator
FLSA: Part-time, Hourly
Associates will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC & Orlando Pride, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Orlando City SC & Orlando Pride are seeking a hardworking, positive, and passionate individual who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience facilitating professional sports and live events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assist with coordinating the event logistics while providing support for all non-gameday Exploria Stadium events including set-up and teardown.
● Assist/Learn how to liaise with 3rd party vendors & clients during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
● Collaborate with the Stadium Event Coordinator and Event Manager to identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
● Learn all aspects of Orlando City & Orlando Pride’s history as well as Exploria Stadium’s layout capacities, event spaces, and event assets.
● Create, distribute and maintain event requests and venue operational instructions through internal department communications.
● In addition to daily assignments, each associate will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments pertaining to event space setup, client walkthroughs, and event asset management.
● Other duties as assigned.
To perform this associate program successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of eligibility requirements, knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary:
● Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in Events and Hospitality.
● Strong written and verbal skills.
● Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
● An Innovative Individual who can come up with ideas and work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
● Strong attention to small details is a must.
● Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
● Associate will be working around 20-30 hours weekly.
● Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
● Associate can be working toward an academic credit for this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.