Title: Affiliate Video Assistant
Department: Player Development
Reports to: Video Coordinator
Job Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business. The Affiliate Video Assistant handles all video and travel needs for their assigned affiliate during the regular season.
- Chart, manage, and distribute all game and practice video for their assigned affiliate.
- Assist with Major League and Minor League video and data collection during Spring Training.
- Coordinate all aspects of break camp travel and itinerary for players and staff going to affiliates.
- Manage all aspects of affiliate travel including flights, hotel reservations and bus schedules.
- Work in conjunction with coaches and analysts to provide advance scouting video prior to games.
- Capture and upload non-game video including bullpens, batting practice, drills, etc.
- Coordinate high-speed video capture and upload process during games and practices.
- Manage Trackman and HawkEye operations and workflow at assigned affiliate.
- Assist Amateur, International, and Pro Scouting departments with miscellaneous video needs.
- Previous experience charting games with BATS is preferred.
- Previous experience in a professional baseball clubhouse is preferred.
- Deep understanding of baseball rules and how to score a baseball game.
- Ability to accurately identify pitch types
- Previous Experience using TrackMan/HawkEye/Edgertronics preferred.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.