The New York Red Bulls are one of 29 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
Coach and develop Red Bull 2nd Team Goalkeepers in the NYRB playing philosophy. Be an ambassador of the NYRB culture and philosophy. Liaise with First Team and Academy Goalkeeper Coaches to ensure continuity of player development of Red Bull 2 Goalkeepers in preparation for Red Bull First Team football at the Club, keeping them regularly updated on performance levels.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
- Lead Goalkeeper training for Red Bull 2nd team with additional responsibility to regularly support MLS/Academy training sessions as part of a coordinated training strategy.
- Create a Goalkeeper specific Annual Training/Performance Plan that includes the Technical, Tactical & Physical periodization necessary to develop top GK’s in keeping with the Club’s philosophy.
- Provide bi-weekly training reports, with video, to share with NYRB Goalkeeper Coaches
- Create & implement Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) and communicate with a multi-disciplinary perspective to support the holistic development of Red Bull 2 Goalkeepers
- Administration of player performance data for Red Bull 2 Goalkeepers in particular
- Schedule Individual meetings with Red Bull 2 Goalkeepers in pre-season to discuss and align on their respective IDP’s
- Schedule monthly progress meetings with each player, reference and edit their respective IDP’s based on performance
- Work with Head Coach to create GK specific pre-game objectives to include in team presentation prior to every game.
- Assist 2nd Team Head Coach and staff to perform other coaching roles in training and on match day
- Complete detailed post game reports after every game including video clips focusing on objectives and overall performance of 2nd Team Goalkeepers to present weekly to 1st Team Goalkeeper Coach and 2nd Team Staff.
- Lead discussions of Goalkeepers to be retained and released at the end of their contracts or when deemed appropriate.
- Support the talent identification & recruitment strategy for Goalkeepers as and when required
- Responsibility to support and develop Coaches as part of a wider CPD strategy both internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Spanish a plus
- Highly motivated with a proactive attitude towards service development
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills particularly in pressure situations
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others
- Ability to prioritize own workload and that of colleagues
- Open minded with a view of adopting new practices
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent timekeeping and organizational skills
- Minimum of 5 years in the elite sports setting
- Evidence of player development from youth and/or USL levels to MLS level
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team in a professional sporting environment
- An understanding of working in the soccer environment
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practice
Minimum of ‘B’ level USSF license or UEFA equivalent required, ‘A’ level preferred
Commitment to ongoing professional development through relevant courses and conferences
Complete any mandatory qualifications on an ongoing basis as required by associated governing bodies
The New York Red Bulls is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.