Our Marketing team creates value and experiences for the passionate fans that drive Minnesota Sports and Entertainment. That experience can come from attending a game live at Xcel Energy Center, watching TV, listening to the radio, following Wild on the web or social channels, or attending a concert. This takes all sorts of talented people that have a passion for sports and events. We have a vision of marketing that puts service at the heart of everything we do, both on and off the ice, and our Senior Graphic Designer plays a key role in bringing that vision to life.
As our Senior Graphic Designer, YOU WILL:
- Promote strategic marketing campaigns, community programs, and events through storytelling and design. We are in the business of creating lifelong memories. And you are in the business of enhancing those memories by providing a great experience and interaction with the Minnesota Wild brand through design and storytelling. The Senior Graphic Designer is an expert in the graphic design world, emphasizing layout techniques, managing marketing execution and able to multitask. You will work on projects from across the organization, from the Xcel Energy Center, RiverCentre to the branding of the Minnesota Wild. Additionally, the Senior Graphic Designer will work as part of the Creative Services team on other creative and graphics deliverables for advertising, publications, marketing and social media.
- Proudly build our brand. You will execute all the organization’s creative needs and the department’s workflow by managing the day-to-day design operations. You will execute a wide range of initiatives and campaigns, including digital, social and print media that fits the organization’s brand identity and visual standards.
- Never work the same day twice. This position works on different projects that range from print collateral (magazines, print ads, flyer) to digital content (social media, videoboard, website) to miscellaneous projects which keep everyday fresh and unique. You will support the entire organization as the design guru which includes marketing, sales, sponsorship, marketing, and hockey ops.
YOU ARE A:
- Craftsman of creativity. Creativity is in your blood. And that passion is so palpable and it shows in your work. You love pushing the envelope and researching and learning new ways to keep our image fresh while on-brand. Creativity not only comes through in your design but also through your support of teammates. You love constructive criticism because you are passionate about what’s best for the organization and you love learning the whys.
- Proactive problem solver. You have a passion for great design and the creative process; you keep a pulse on the latest design trends and design thinking principles.
- Strong communicator and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have the ability to meet tight deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables in a dynamic climate. As needed, you will need to be available on game nights to collaborate with the Social Media team to create graphics quickly and efficiently.
- Servant leader. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge; it’s about taking care of those in our charge. You inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You keep an open mind and are receptive to feedback that benefits the organization. And you’re not afraid to use resources around you. You collaborate with every person you meet because you know there is always something to learn and ideas to hear.
MINNESOTA WILD WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Minnesota Wild and producing a product that is the best in the State of Hockey. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on growing the sport. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Two-year associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/visual communications or similar field preferred.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of graphics-related Adobe Creative Cloud programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role on a creative team within an agency and/or in-house team.
- In accordance with the ADA, this role requires stated physical duties. Should an accommodation be requested, Minnesota Sports & Entertainment will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodations.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.