Who is Minnesota Sports and Entertainment? We are a team of talented and empowered individuals that infuse a passionate spirit into our events and the Minnesota Wild! Our purpose is to Create a Greater State of Hockey, a greater connection to our community. We do this through commitment to serving our organization, serving one another, our fans, guests and our community. We create moments that turn into memories. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, keep reading!
Our Community Relations & Hockey Partnerships team is small but mighty. While our organization’s mission is to Create a Greater State of Hockey, our team has the responsibility and good fortune of bringing our mission to life on a daily basis. The Hockey Partnership Coordinator plays a pivotal role in many of our community outreach and volunteer programs.
As our Hockey Partnerships Coordinator, YOU WILL:
- Organize, plan and execute several hockey partnership programs. Our business is always in motion, and we count on you to be the keeper of the details, to make sure what we plan happens. We have multiple events that connect our community to our business, including Little Wild Learn to Play, Mite Jamboree, Girls Hockey Weekend, Hockey Day Minnesota, Youth Hockey Spotlight Games, and Leadership Summit, among others. You will work with internal teams and outside partners, including the NHL, USA Hockey, and Minnesota Hockey, providing them with the information they need to pull off the event. From setup to teardown, you check things twice to ensure a seamless experience for our team members, vendors, partners, and fans. Your focus and relentless dedication allow our attendees meaningful, first-class experiences.
- Manage, create, promote, implement, and evaluate our Hockey Partnership programs. In partnership with the NHL, Minnesota Hockey, and USA Hockey, you will be responsible for writing content for the website, social media, Community Report, and more.
- Develop & manage strategic marketing plans to promote our hockey programs. You are passionate about generating brilliant ideas in developing ideas and plans to help drive our hockey programs. You will work with the internal marketing team to promote the programs and will be asked to provide content for the Minnesota Wild website, social media, Community Report & more.
- Play a key role in growing our DE&I partnerships. You will play a key role in growing the game by developing and executing programs that help make the game more diverse, inclusive, and welcoming to everybody who wants to play the game of hockey.
YOU ARE A:
- Servant Leader. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge. It’s about taking care of those in our charge. You inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more and become more by serving the community in which we work and live.
- Visionary Communicator. Events are made up of hundreds of details, strung together to create an amazing experience. It takes the talents and expertise of many departments to create these experiences, and you see the big picture and know what it takes to make it all come together. Relationships are the key to getting it done, so comfortable connections, professionalism, and warmth are a natural part of your communication style.
- Reliable Partner. Our organization runs on relationships. Confidentiality, professionalism and discretion are at the heart of building strong bonds across our entire organization and with our partners. You are a person deeply committed to upholding our values of being accommodating, responsive, knowledgeable, united and disciplined in the fulfillment of our duties. You work tirelessly to resolve partner issues, often anticipating them before they are even a problem; always looking to serve our guests.
- Focused Executor. We believe big ideas reap even bigger rewards when managed effectively. Everything you do touches people, so flawless execution is non-negotiable. Your work can be fast-paced and it can be easy to lose sight of the details, but that’s where the magic is at. With ruthless prioritization, you focus on getting things done quickly and flawlessly. Of course, you’re not perfect, so when mistakes are made, you step up, take responsibility and issue meaningful apologies when you’re wrong.
MINNESOTA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Minnesota Sports and Entertainment organization and to the Minnesota Wild. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on creating a Greater State of Hockey. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Ability to work extended hours (40+ hours per week at times) including evenings, weekends and holidays, and be present for games and events.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Ability to work with the team dog during office hours and select games is required.
- Hockey/skating experience is required.
- By the ADA, the physical requirements for this role are listed above. Should an accommodation be requested, MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.