The Manager, Partnership Marketing is part of the Partnership Marketing department for Minnesota United FC (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
Love soccer? Do you enjoy building relationships, thinking creatively, and overseeing experiential marketing activations? Want to spend your weekends surrounded by 19,600 passionate fans and top-tier corporate partners? If you answered yes, this might be the role for you. We are looking for a Manager, Partnership Marketing who can successfully wear many hats, that will lead department operations, plan partner-related trips and events, and marketing of partnership accounts. The Manager, Partnership Marketing position will report directly to the Director of Partnership Marketing. This is a full-time position based in Golden Valley, MN.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary liaison between assigned corporate partners and Minnesota United FC to facilitate the execution of sponsorship agreements, build a strong relationship with the goal of client retention
- Plan and arrange travel details of partner-related trips including, but not limited to Minnesota United FC’s annual partner trip and small group team charter trips
- Lead the creation and execution of partner-related events including, but not limited to networking events and hospitality outings
- Oversee assigned areas of focus for the Corporate Partnerships department including, but not limited to formulating pre-game activations, Apple TV broadcast integration, and partner-related community initiatives and programs
- Manage the relationship between Minnesota United FC and sponsorship business intelligence partners including, but not limited to Blinkfire Analytics
- Serve as the Partnership Marketing team liaison with Minnesota United FC’s internal Business Intelligence department to ensure all aspects of sponsorship asset tracking and proof of performance
- Prepare customized recaps and presentations, incorporating Club information as well as third-party market research and data
- Manage the Corporate Partnerships department intern
- Support the sales process by attending select needs analysis meetings with prospects, brainstorming with internal departments, and generating formal proposals
- Work Minnesota United FC home games as well as select additional events
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
You might be right for this role if you are:
- Passionate about growing the world’s game in the Twin Cities
- Confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full of innovative ideas on how to activate partners
- Highly organized planner with exceptional time-management skills
- Enthusiastic about event planning
- Proactive, reliable and responsible with great attention to detail
- Four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or combination of related education and work experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays as needed
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.