Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry level position designed to provide exposure to the Sports Science department.
- Fellow will gain experience performing studies, validating data, and building research tools in service of one of the following disciplines: Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, Physiology, Strength & Conditioning.
Required Experience and Education:
- Current enrollment in, recent matriculation from, or equivalent in practical experience to an undergraduate degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Biomechanics or Kinesiology is preferred.
- Academic or practical experience in one of the above disciplines of Sports Science.
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., probability, linear regression, Bayesian inference) and statistical programs (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB).
- Some understanding of baseball and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical experience with tools in processing, analyzing and visualizing sports science data including but not limited to: markered and/or markerless motion capture, IMU's, force plates, etc.
- Demonstrable experience communicating sports science related concepts with athletes and/or coaches with varied backgrounds.
Time Commitment: February 2024 - October 2024 or June 2024 - August 2024.
Hours: 45 hours/week.
Location: Target Field or Fort Myers, FL.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.