The Manager of Guest Experience is responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer service and satisfaction provided to all guests that visit loanDepot park. This position is accountable for consistently providing an exceptional experience where guests and team members are welcomed and appreciated. The Manager of Guest Experience will lead and oversee the following areas, including but not limited to Guest Experience, Event Staff (Supervisors, Command Post, Ticket Takers, Ushers, Customer Service, Elevators/Escalators), Recognition Program, Organization-wide Training Program, Mystery Shopping Evaluations, Ballpark Tours and Lost and Found Services.
- Maintain a high level of customer service during all events organized at loanDepot park.
- Consistently provide a ballpark experience that exceeds expectations by empowering Guest Experience Team Members
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training, and retaining of Guest Experience Team Members
- Create, implement and grow recognition program across all event staff departments with the Human Resources department, inclusive of third-party partners
- Curate and facilitate pre-season and mid-season trainings, as well as actively monitor and identify on-the-job training opportunities and moments
- Develop, distribute and maintain work schedules for the Guest Experience Coordinator, Supervisors and Event Staff; process payroll following each game and event
- Define and manage the departmental budget and procurement of supplies, uniforms and other items; review and process payments for department
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to assist game day events, ticket promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain Lost and Found program, inclusive of intake, indexing, inventory management and addressing of guest inquires
- Administer ballpark tour program and strategize tactics to enhance and expand the program; hire, train and manage tour guides; conduct ballpark tours for VIPs as requested
- Address and resolve all guest inquiries, concerns, and feedback
- Work closely with the Director, Risk Management to respond to medical calls, assess potential claims and deploy remedial actions
- Administrator for 24/7 Incident Management platform, including but not limited to staffing, training, maintenance and technical support of the program
- Oversee multiple event staffing and monthly reports including Mystery Shopper, 24/7, Fan Feedback, Ballpark Tours and Lost and Found.
- Propose and implement strategies and programs to consistently improve guest satisfaction
- Serve as organization’s American With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, providing constant review and advancement of the program; ensure compliance during all games and events
- Lead, train, develop and manage the Coordinator, Guest Experience
- Act as Manager on Duty for non-baseball events, as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate ability to function within a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Creative problem solver who can react swiftly and provide correct remedial action based on the issue at hand
- Passion for overcoming customer service challenges and enacting change for future prevention
- Robust experience in leading, motivating, inspiring and developing a collaborative and diverse workforce
- Dynamic communicator and cross-organizational collaborator
- Proficient computer skills and experience working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certified in CPR and other emergency/life saving techniques preferred
- Fluently in English/Spanish required
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays when required, including all baseball games during MLB season
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of (2-4) years’ experience in a guest/customer service role, preferably within a large-scale sports venue
- Experience leading and managing a large team of part-time staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.