Purpose of the Role:
Working within the Electronics Group to design on and off-car electronics and instrumentation and support the implementation and delivery of electronics and instrumentation solutions to the F1 racing programme across the organisation.
The role requires a professional engineer capable of delivering high quality electronics and instrumentation to support the wider F1 programme. This engineer will be able to design, develop and deliver small scale individual projects without day-to-day oversight and will be comfortable interacting with staff at all stages of the product life cycle from requirements gathering to delivery and operation.
- Development of grid-leading electronics units and instrumentation for use on and off-car, including responsibility for specification, design, testing, hand over, signoff and delivery.
- Factoring in legislation aspects to overall project approach e.g. cost capping, open source components, parc ferme, sprint races
- Identifying potential electronics and instrumentation R&D projects.
- Perform fault investigations and identify corrective changes or actions where necessary
- Maintain and draw on working relationships with external suppliers and technical partners.
- Collaborating with the design, aero and race technology teams to ensure operational and environmental integration aspects are factored in
- Working with the PM teams to ensure timely ordering of long lead-time components.