At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
Purpose of the role:
- Layout and design the electrical harnesses and units for F1 Race car to achieve an installation that is reliable, lightweight and optimises packaging opportunities for aero development.
- The role will involve understanding and developing the topology and mechanical specification of the harness, creating CAD routings box positions, and associated brackets, conduits, cooling ducts and mounting components; including any manufacturing tooling required.
- Reporting to the Head of Monocoque but integrate closely with electrical department and all design groups
- Research and implement new technologies to create unique solutions reduce packaging constraints across the car and enable sensor technologies to be deployed
- Work with Aerodynamics Departments to understand packaging constraints and support future aerodynamic development directions
- Conceptual and detail design of harness layout
- Conceptual and detail design of harness routes, conduits, brackets, retention saddles, secondary locking details and boots
- Digital mock-up review and reporting of all parts through design evolution.
- Weight analysis and reporting of installation masses
- When required, to assist in design across monocoque, bodywork, suspension and transmission groups