Job Title: Trainee – Social Media
Job Summary: The Social Media Trainee will assist with day-to-day Social Media operations from id to late January through the end of the 2024 Royals baseball season.
- Assist with social strategy, ideation, execution and management of club’s social media platforms including Facebook, X, Instagram, LinkedIn with a heavy emphasis on TikTok and Instagram Stories
- Assist social media manager in maintaining organizational social media calendar
- Create monthly rundowns of upcoming birthdays, holidays, On This Day, etc.
- Assist in creating and developing social media campaigns
- Research and monitor other team and league social accounts and digital trends to develop new concepts, ideas and best practices
- Assist with submitting creative requests for graphics and collaborate with creative team for Slate assets
- Manage Facebook inbox
- Assist with royals.com updates including video uploads and the MLB Ballpark App
- Assist social media team with uploading content to YouTube
- Organize and report on the daily, weekly and monthly analytics for all social media platforms and provide sponsored content metrics to partnerships
- Keep track and organize all social media posts, initiatives and campaigns throughout the season
- Attend all Royals home games and assist in gathering and posting social media content featuring Marketing and Community events, fans and game action (especially pre-game and post-game) with a heavy emphasis on Instagram Stories
- Work with Marketing to create Facebook events for theme nights
- Communicate and collaborate with MLB and departments throughout the Royals organization on digital and social media initiatives throughout the season
- Assist gameday video staff in various tasks
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Pine Tar Collective agency
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree study in a related program
- Avid user of social media (experience using on behalf of a business preferred)
- Social analytics experience preferred
- Practical graphic design experience
- Background in photography/video preferred
- Baseball knowledge and/or knowledge of the Kansas City Royals organization
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Position requires attendance at most Royals home games
- Ability to work January through the end of the season
- Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented
- Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow
- Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Available to work 35 hours weekly including holidays, evenings and weekends
- Spanish-speaking candidate preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds
- Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
- Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.