Job Summary: The Kansas City Royals are seeking a full-time HR Coordinator to join our dynamic People & Culture team in Kansas City. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in corporate recruiting who has exceptional people skills, strong organizational skills, and efficiency to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests from multiple departments across the Club
· Sources and attracts potential candidates for open roles across the Club. Familiarity with the use of various channels, such as social media and professional networks, to identify and engage with individuals who possess the desired qualifications and skills for specific roles
· Designing and executing various recruitment strategies dependent on role requirements
· Maintain digital copies of employees' records and organization of hard copies of employee files.
· Builds relationships with the business leaders, team members, candidates and professional networks
· Assist with onboarding process and maintaining digital records for employees
· Manage vendor invoices and work with internal accounting team to file, process, reconcile, and provide status updates as requested
· Assist with employee wellbeing activities.
· Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
· Support other assigned functions from multiple stakeholders on the HR team
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
· 2+ years experience in an HR Admin/Staffing/Recruiting role is preferred
· Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with candidates and team members
· Strong organizational abilities to manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently
· A customer-centric mindset with a commitment to delivering exceptional service to both candidates and internal stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
· Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS) and other HR software tools. Familiarity with Office 365 programs
· Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
· Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
· Must be able to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
· Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines
· Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully
· Must be able to handle and keep extremely confidential information
· Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds
· Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
· Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Full-Time, Exempt opportunity that is eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. This role is expected to have a standard 40-hour work week.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.