We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
The Sportsbar, a live sports and dining experience that puts you right in the game, is looking for the best talent in the industry! As part of our premium hospitality team, you will be responsible for providing premium level beer and alcohol service for our guests at our in-arena clubs and restaurants. This is an hourly, events-based, part-time position.
A typical shift includes:
- Providing a best in class beer and alcohol service to our fans in our in-arena clubs and restaurants
- Communicating with guests and responding to inquiries
- Working collaboratively as a key member of a larger team across the organization and continuously interact in a positive and professional manner
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Completion of Serving it Right certificate
- Must be able to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays with varying start times
- Must be able to safely lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
- Proven frontline customer service experience in a premium setting
- An incredible ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high volume environment while maintaining a first-in-class hospitality experience
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Vast knowledge of alcohol beverages and drink recipes
- General wine knowledge and the ability to assist guests with wine selections
- A neat, tidy, and professional presentation to meet a high level of appearance and service standards
- Non-Canadian residents must hold valid work permits that expire no earlier than October 2023
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.