It has been a long time since we have hosted fans at Rogers Arena, and we are excited to create memorable moments for our fans and guests once again. We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
Each of our supervisors plays an integral role in leading staff within the Premium Hospitality Department and providing exceptional service to our fans and guests. With a positive, energetic, and enthusiastic approach, supervisors will build, coach, and motivate high performing teams with a focus on excellence, passion, and commitment to quality product and service. This is an hourly, primarily events-based position.
A typical shift includes:
- Leading respective team and providing ongoing coaching and recognition to team members to ensure excellent hospitality is provided and the fan experience is exceptional
- Contributing to building a high-performance team by actively partnering with all staff of Rogers Arena
- Completing post-event administrative responsibilities such as cash reconciliations, gratuities disbursements, product orders, and staff hours submissions
- Owning inventory responsibilities for their Club
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a passion and commitment to work all Vancouver Canucks home games
- Must be able to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays with varied start times based on the needs of the event and with this being an event-based business
- Must be able to safely lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, and withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
- Completion of a Serving it Right certificate
- Highly committed to a premium level of service
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, premium appearance and manner
- Must possess a demonstrated background in restaurants and Supervisory/Management skills, including the ability to lead and be part of a team and to maintain and develop standards and coach for improved performance
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and react appropriately and effectively to situations as they arise with minimal supervision
- Possess superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele
- Demonstrate excellent on-the-spot problem solving skills, including the ability to independently handle service recovery situations to a fan’s satisfaction
- Strong computer skills with functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Non-Canadian residents must hold a valid work permit expiring no earlier than October 2022
- Fine dining experience is an asset
- Wine knowledge is an asset
- Micros POS knowledge is an asset
- Previous experience with OpenTable or Seven Rooms reservation is an asset
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE) is committed to taking all reasonable precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for all employees, fans, 3rd party partners, volunteers and other visitors to our workplace. Large indoor gatherings are an essential component of our operations. As such, it is a condition of this employment that successful candidates be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide confirmation of vaccination status prior to their start date, subject to any approved reasonable accommodation.
This position will remain open until filled.