It has been a long time since we have hosted fans at Rogers Arena, and we are excited to create memorable moments for our fans and guests once again. We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a part-time, hourly, events-based position, with most shifts being graveyard shifts (i.e., 11pm to 7am). A typical shift includes:
- Setting up and dismantling performance/game areas and applicable seating and signage for events
- Adhering to safety practices and procedures in executing responsibilities
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to lift (repetitive and moderate weights), bend, stretch, reach, and twist throughout the shift
- Must be able to work in a noisy and crowded environment
- Ability to learn the use of required tools and equipment, including a radio
- Ability to read and understand safety instructions, manuals, and diagrams
- Ability to work graveyard shifts (i.e., 11pm -7am)
- First Aid certificate
- Previous conversions and/or general labour experience
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions
- Excellent spatial orientation and visual capabilities with strong hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work under tight timelines and the resulting deadline pressure
- Knowledge of or interest in sport and entertainment events
- Non-Canadian residents must hold valid work permits that expire no earlier than October 2022
- Forklift experience and a forklift certificate from a recognized training institute, program, or organization is an asset
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.