It has been a long time since we have hosted fans at Rogers Arena, and we are excited to create memorable moments for our fans and guests once again. We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our Chef de Parties play a key role on our culinary team overseeing an assigned station in the kitchen and working closely with Cooks and Apprentice Cooks to ensure premium quality food for our guests. This is a part-time, hourly, events-based position. A typical shift includes:
- Managing an assigned station in the kitchen
- Assisting Sous Chefs by providing support to culinary staff
- Working and training in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Maintaining for food and kitchen safety with a focus on food preparation standards
- Implementing and enforcing sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen
- Partnering with Lead Cooks, Cooks, and Apprentice Cooks to ensure the highest quality food for our guests
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to work weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays with various start times based on the kitchen needs
- Must be able to safely lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Completion of Food Safe Certificate
- Non-Canadian residents must hold a valid work permit expiring no earlier than October 2022
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE) is committed to taking all reasonable precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for all employees, fans, 3rd party partners, volunteers and other visitors to our workplace. Large indoor gatherings are an essential component of our operations. As such, it is a condition of this employment that successful candidates be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide confirmation of vaccination status prior to their start date, subject to any approved reasonable accommodation.
This position will remain open until filled.