We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer a preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Seeking a highly motivated Sporting Communications Coordinator who is passionate about establishing U.S. Soccer as the preeminent sport in the U.S. The main focus of the position is communicating U.S. Soccer’s Sporting Department efforts, with a main concentration on Coaching, Referee Development, Talent ID, High Performance and Medical. In addition, the role will help U.S. Soccer develop its approach and messaging for the U.S. Soccer Open Cup, eNational Team and Hall of Fame. The position involves assisting in media strategy, dealing with requests from national and international news organizations, and working closely with departments to share their main messages. The position also requires strong writing skills.
- Serve as the Communications department’s point of contact with the Sporting Development, including Coaching Education, Referee Development, Talent ID, High Performance and Medical, and work with each area to develop a comprehensive communications plan.
- Oversee the development and execution of communications plans or the U.S. Soccer Open Cup, eNational Team, Hall of Fame, and other similar competitions, teams or events.
- Oversee U.S. Soccer’s campaigns around areas of player safety, including mental health, concussions, injury prevention and more.
- Write press releases and handle all media requests connected to Sporting Development announcements and initiatives.
- Coordinate interview requests and other media opportunities for Sporting Development spokespeople.
- Oversee the creation and edit of all Sporting publications.
- Develop and assist with media training for all Sporting Department staff.
- Assist with content creation planning for sporting departments in collaboration with the Content Department and provide input on content ideas and creative direction for digital platforms.
- Work with U.S. Soccer’s Brand department and video team to create strong visuals (ex. infographics, motion graphics) to clarify player, coach, and referee pathways, new initiatives, and other complex information.
- Assists with all National Teams as needed, including senior, youth and extended.
- Primary contact for year-end awards.
Education, Work Experience, Special Skills/Knowledge required:
- Bachelor's degree required with 2+ years of experience with digital content creation and strategy
- Strong understanding of digital media, including all types of content, social media, websites, etc.
- Strong understanding of the soccer landscape
- Ability to make sense of complex information, then create content quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects on varying timelines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Exhibits professional maturity
- Demonstrates a genuine desire and passion for the business
- Must be willing to travel
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment