Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As a valuable member of the Security Services team, you will be part of the Gameday Operations group of the Security department delivering security services for all Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. events, people and assets. Your leadership, passion and dedication to teamwork will contribute to inspiring others and living our vision and values delivering extraordinary safety and security services and customer support.
This hourly position will lead the Event Day Guard team for all Sporting and Concert events hosted by MLSE. The Supervisor, Event Security will be an integral part of the overall MLSE security operation. This position requires hours including evenings, nights and weekends depending on the events and activities in all MLSE venues.
- Lead by example & provide ongoing coaching, training and motivation to the department’s Event security staff.
- Ensure the safety of fans and employees through effective crowd management.
- Communicate positively and professionally with all staff and fans.
- Utilize a “one team” approach and ensure departmental integrity and winning vision delivered.
- Ensure adherence by fans and employees of MLSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and effective reporting and follow up on all incidents.
- Liaise with third-party contractors during events. (including Paid Duty Police officers)
- Maintain an understanding of Event Security Staff Collective Bargaining Agreements in place; foster positive employer/employee relations accordingly.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards, policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in supervisory role
- Proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
- Ability to obtain Smart Serve Certification
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Sports & Entertainment environment experience is a definite asset
- Outgoing, organized, diplomatic and self-motivated
- Ability to lead a positive, innovative and encouraging work environment
- Shown ability to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities at a time
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Work in compliance with AGCO regulations
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Possession of valid Security License (Bill C-159) an asset
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends or nights as deployed/instructed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.