Nature & Scope: This position will work as a part of the Toronto Blue Jays Motion Graphics Team to create the in-game Blue Jays videoboard show each Blue Jays home game. The contract role will assist in developing complex animations in-line with current design trends in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Cinema4D to be used across many Toronto Blue Jays platforms, with a primary focus on videoboard content and digital signage.
The incumbent should be a highly motivated and creative self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic and the desire to produce and develop high quality animations for all displays.
- Assist in the creation of game day graphics including video features, fan prompts, advertisements and statistics boards and displays
- Produce animations and elements that elicit storytelling through highlights and video editing
- Create highly effective and visually appealing motion graphic animations and video content for the Toronto Blue Jays videoboard and LED displays
- Design polished animations to be displayed on video board, LED ribbon, outfield LED boards, television, digital signage, and menu boards
- Assist in devising new and creative in-game and in-stadium entertainment, including promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, mascot skits, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing department, graphics department, content team and our game day crew to maintain Toronto Blue Jays brand integrity through all designs
- Design and update ticketing digital signage, gardiner board animations and digital menu boards for all promotions
- Be present at games to assist in homestand preparations, designs and troubleshooting
- Responsible for being up to date and understanding baseball elements, statistics and Blue Jays team in order to integrate meaningful baseball content into all features and design
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma required in a related field; Graphic Design, Visual Effects/Motion Graphics, Video Editing.
- Strong skills and high capabilities to design on After Effects, Element 3D, Premiere, C4d/Blender and Adobe Creative suite
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator experience as well as some knowledge of Unreal or Unity
- A strong sense of visual hierarchy, good design taste and an excitement to keep learning is paramount
- Broadcast experience with production equipment and software (i.e, Daktronics, EVS, switchers, audio consoles, editing programs, lighting and cameras.)
- 2-3 years of broadcast design experience required
- Excellent time-management skills. Ability to juggle several projects at one time, remain calm under pressure, and consistently contribute to a fun, fast paced environment with high expectations and tight deadlines.
- Confident communicator with ability to work independently and/or collaborate effectively as part of a project team. Must be comfortable accepting feedback, alternate approaches, and specific direction.
- Passion for excellence, attention to detail, and continual improvement. High degree of personal integrity and honesty.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.