Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
NATURE AND SCOPE:
50/50 Game Day Fundraisers are primarily responsible for representing Jays Care Foundation as in-stadium Brand Ambassadors selling 50/50 raffle tickets to fans during Blue Jays home games.
Please note this is a contract position March 2022 – October 2022.
- Responsible for selling 50/50 raffle tickets at Blue Jays games to fans with positive energy
- Act as a Jays Care Brand Ambassador in-stadium with the goal of enhancing guest experience
- Educate fans on the details of the 50/50 Online Program and answer questions about the work Jays Care does across Canada
- Work independently while contributing to the team’s success
- Some minor physical labour required (e.g. climbing stairs, walking around stadium)
- Be knowledgeable about Blue Jays and Rogers Centre policies
- Support and collaborate with other Toronto Blue Jays game staff (e.g. ushers, security, etc.) to assist guests who require assistance or attention when needed
- Ensuring fans are adhering to COVID-19 health and safety policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable about the stadium cleaning protocols, assisting with sanitizing high touch areas, and bringing larger cleanliness concerns to the attention of the facilities team
- Ensure application of WE CARE services principles in all interactions with fans
- Be a safety ambassador by following and enforcing all public health guidelines for the health and safety all Rogers Centre employees and fans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years prior sales experience required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A passion for teamwork and the ability to understand, communicate and perform in a team setting
- Must be self-motivated and driven by the change your work is creating
- Be comfortable approaching people and selling in front of large crowds
- Ability to attend all Toronto Blue Jays home games, and work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19 or undergo regular testing. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Toronto Blue Jays on a case by case basis.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us!