The Tampa Bay Buccaneers vision is to be the premier NFL Franchise both on and off the field that sets the standard in global sports entertainment and embodies the spirit of Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers aim to employ individuals whose professionalism and dedication align with our vision.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a TEMPORARY full-time position that lasts from training camp (mid July) until end of the football season (leave can be negotiated based on school schedule).This is a perfect position for a student or young chef needing an internship but all are welcome to apply. Pay rate is $15 an hour and is full-time 6 to 7 days a week depending on needs of the team. You will be working within football operations and cooking directly for the team.
- Determine type and quantities of food to be prepared for cold prep needs (fruit and/or salad items, sauces, etc) or assist in the preparation of meats and vegetables for supervisors to complete dishes during service periods
- Prepare, season variety of food according to recipe specifications as well as instructions from Sous-Chef/High Performance Chef or Lead Cook.
- Carve portions of meat, fish, or fowl for individual servings as directed by supervisor
- Set up and maintain workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment, always maintains highest and safest cleanliness standards. Communicates with direct supervisor constantly to ensure proper follow through as it relates to all aspects of the day
- Safely and attentively operate equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, and any other kitchen equipment using good judgment to avoid unnecessary injuries to themselves and/or coworkers
Skills & Abilities
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow recipe guidelines and verbal instruction, knowledge of basic cooking methods, and manual dexterity
- Performs work under supervision of managers or lead cooks
- Detail oriented and self-motivated, ability to work independently after instruction
- Ability to learn and retain menu item specifics including, but not limited to, ingredients, preparation process and holding and serving temperatures and service guidelines
- Constantly strives to improve, learn and further their knowledge by maintaining an open and honest relationship with supervisors
Experience & Education
- A minimum of One to three (1-3) years of experience in the food and beverage industry at similar or higher level
- Prefer Experience with recipe based seasonally scratch cooking in hotel or restaurant
- Banquet/catering experience a plus
- Possesses some basic knowledge of subject matter
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid state of Florida food server certification
- Understands, maintains updated knowledge and adheres to health department guidelines including proper food handling, cooking, cooling, labeling and storage of menu items as well as any other function related to contact with food items
The Company is a professional, fast paced, creative business environment. Other environment conditions:
- Extended evening, weekend work hours sometimes required; may have to work occasional holidays
- Stressful and demanding work environment in executing work on short deadlines
- Sitting, standing, working with hands for extended periods of time
- Lifting more than 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping and reaching
- Constant standing throughout the shift
- Always wears non-slip shoes while working
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, slips, trips, falls, cuts, burns and strains
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities, as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company’s business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes. This document describes the position currently available and is not an employment contract.
The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be “at will,” meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent’s employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon any employee. Any change to this “at will” employment status must be in writing and signed the by the Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
It is the policy of the Buccaneers to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status, including sexual orientation and gender identity.