The Tampa Bay Buccaneers vision is to be the premier NFL Franchise both on and off the field that sets the standard in global sports entertainment and embodies the spirit of Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers aim to employ individuals whose professionalism and dedication align with our vision.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are offering full-time, paid internships to highly motivated and committed graduates wishing to build upon their college education with practical professional experience in the fast-paced, results-driven world of the National Football League.
Participants are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unparalleled, behind-the-scenes learning experience. The program is comprised of a comprehensive and flexible strategy that allows recent graduates to build upon their educational foundation in order to define, evaluate and achieve a variety of career-related objectives.
Interns are placed within a specific department and encouraged to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through various outreach programs, networking events, and via our Internship Learning Series. Interns will learn from and establish relationships with team executives that will benefit their lives both personally and professionally.
This is a highly competitive internship program with the most elite level of professional sports, the National Football League. Please be sure to represent yourself in the best possible manner by submitting a cover letter, resume and providing answers to all application questions within your application.
The Buccaneers 2022 In Season Internship Program will begin in July 2022 through the end of the 2022/2023 season. Interns are paid hourly and work roughly 40 hours per week during their internship period. Interns are expected to commit to the full term of the internship.
NOTE: Internships are based on availability and are subject to cancellation pending NFL guidelines and the status of the pandemic leading up to the start of the internship period.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Graphic Design Intern will receive training on how to utilize type and image to execute visually communicated solutions in print/new media consistent with Buccaneers current brand strategies. Other responsibilities include:
Design print ads, graphics, website ads and content, invitations and other printed and electronic materials
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Ability to effectively translate and evolve creative from an existing style guide
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Strong professional demeanor
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to provide your own housing and transportation in the Tampa Bay area
- REQUIRED: Please submit a link to your portfolio when applying – you may include it in your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. We must be able to assess your skillset and ability to determine your qualifications for the role.
Experience & Education
- Completed bachelor’s or graduate degree, preferably in Graphic Design/Visual Communications
- Experience with Mac and digital photography
- Experience in the sports industry is preferred
The Company is a professional, fast paced, creative business environment. Other environment conditions:
- Extended evening, weekend work hours sometimes required; required to work all home and some away games; may have to work occasional holidays
- Stressful and demanding work environment in executing work on short deadlines
- Computer and desk work a significant part of daily activities
- Sitting, standing, working with hands for extended periods of time
- Rarely is lifting more than 20 pounds required
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two (2) weeks after the final dose of the J&J, Moderna, or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company’s business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes. This document describes the position currently available and is not an employment contract
The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be “at will: meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent’s employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon any employee. Any change to this “at will” employment status must be in writing and signed the by the Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
It is the policy of the Buccaneers to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status, including sexual orientation and gender identity.