Position Type: Part-Time
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Availability: 5-15 hours per week , including Sporting Kansas City home games
The Sporting Kansas City Brand Ambassadors promote Sporting Kansas City to ensure a memorable fan experience at Sporting Kansas City home games, while engaging with our fans and the Kansas City community. The Brand Ambassadors assists the Fan Development Team with match day activations, event marketing and community events, acting as the "face" of Sporting Kansas City and strengthening the brand with a natural connection to the community.
The position is to be a key contributor to the Marketing team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Our Passion for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children's Mercy Park and other entities as the Brand Ambassadors at events in the community year-round.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of Brand Ambassador activation elements.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Responsible for the Club's lead capture efforts through data collection
- Responsible for executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, farmers markets, parades, away match viewing parties at Pub Partner locations, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Team with match day activities, as needed. Including but not limited to opportunities like overseeing and executing Mazuma Plaza activations, manage entertainment like DJ and in-stadium host, run through with National Anthem singer and Honor Guard and running promotions.
- Attend and participate in event planning meetings, as needed.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing, and vibrant personality.
- Team oriented.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer, and the Kansas City market.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Seeking degree or professional training in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, or other related fields.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language to engage with fans, guests, partners, and other Sporting Kansas City associates. Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will work in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the cold, sun, and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.