Provide security for the Virginia Mason Athletic Center (VMAC), headquarters and practice facility for the Seattle Seahawks. Act as a primary point of contact for all internal and external customers regarding security related needs.
The VMAC Security Department provides staffing 24 hours a day, year-round, to include weekends and holidays as well as security operations at entrance gates during business hours. Part-time security officers are limited to an average of below 30 working hours throughout the year. Flexible schedules and consistent availability is preferred.
Prospective candidates will possess honesty, integrity, tolerance for diversity and professionalism in a fast-paced working environment. A successful candidate will demonstrate independent thinking and problem-solving skills as well as de-escalation tactics. Additionally, the applicant shall present a courteous and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of all security, company, and NFL procedures and policies.
- Effectively screen all employees and visitors entering the VMAC facility. Perform security related duties as required to ensure the safety and security of everyone on site.
- Monitor access control and video management systems.
- Perform regular patrols of the VMAC property and report any safety or security concerns to the Security Operations Center (SOC). Make contact with any persons on property to assist, give directions, and address any security related concerns.
- Observe, investigate and report any events that may pose a safety or security threat to the building and its employees. Prepare and submit reports to management staff in a timely fashion including, but not limited to, incident reports, daily shift logs, and department audits.
- Perform all emergency procedures when situations arise. Be familiar with the operations of the fire control panel and building safety measures in place.
- Responsible for signing out equipment, to include uniforms, keys, radios, timecards, etc.
- Assist as directed, with the administration of Lost and Found items.
- Monitor shipping and receiving to include screening of all incoming deliveries.
- Communicate effectively with fellow officers and ensure all outstanding issues are resolved.
- Manage several calendars daily, including emails.
- At times, communicate and work with local law enforcement.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. Shift assignments may change often. Ability to hold over shifts as required to assist with special events.
- Resolve conflicts through the use of excellent intrapersonal skills and de-escalation tactics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills: the ability to write detailed reports; record essential information for all incidents; ability to communicate effectively with persons to gain knowledge of a situation.
- Interpersonal Skills: demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with individuals from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; the ability to de-escalate situations through clear communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and common software applications.
- Basic Office Skills: Ability to enter electronic data, answer phones, file paper documentation, and operate a copier machine.
- First Aid & CPR/AED Training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma/GED
- Successful background check
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Valid Washington driver’s license
- College degree or currently attending college
- Six (6) months or more in a security related field
- Prior military or law enforcement background
- Physical Requirements:
- Position requires frequent walking/standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift/carry/push 50 lbs.
Position requires frequent walking/standing for long periods of time
Must be able to lift/carry/push 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.