The Giants Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for a 50/50 Raffle Lead to help oversee the 50/50 Raffle fundraiser. The 50/50 Raffle Lead needs to be an enthusiastic representative for the 50/50 Raffle as well as the Giants Community Fund’s mission.
The 50/50 Raffle Lead will need to open, oversee and close out the raffle during a select amount of Giants home games at Oracle Park. The Lead will need to be available for all weekend home games (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and some special event games. Their duties include managing all game day aspects of the raffle by overseeing a team of raffle ticket sellers, coordinating all sales efforts at the ballpark, implementing the new raffle sales technology, scheduling raffle ticket sellers, tracking individual sales sheets, depositing cash and assisting with raffle promotion and recap.
The raffle tickets will be sold from gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the middle of the 6th inning. The 50/50 Raffle Lead must be available 3 hours before the game and available after the raffle closes. Weekly hours worked may vary during peak times, but it will be approximately 20 hours per week.
- Effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the 50/50 Raffle
- Oversee Raffle ticket sellers walking throughout the ballpark selling tickets
- Count money, prepare deposit slips and sales reports
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Communicate with other internal departments about Raffle details
- Answer questions regarding program to ticket sellers and fans
- Promote the Giants Community Fund and Junior Giants Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in cash handling and excellent customer service skills
- Experience managing and scheduling staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to interact positively with a motivated, energetic sales team
- Must be 18 years of age
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Giants home schedule
At the Giants, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability, genetic condition, marital status, domestic partnership status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status and any other protected class under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.