The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Coordinator, Special Events, will assist in the planning and execution of all game day and certain non-game day special events with a focus on game day staffing and entertainment. This employee is responsible for the management of game day staff, including the Bucco Brigade and Ball Girls.
- Assist with planning and executing pregame, in-game and postgame activities both on and off the field, including in-game entertainment features that require live activation with Brigade/Pierogies/Gameday Team members.
- Assist with the planning and execution of ticket sales events such as Beer Passports, Wine Nights, Season Ticket Holder and Sales prospecting events, group leader events, theme nights, etc.
- Assist with the planning and execution of PirateFest and Winter Caravan.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all game day and certain non-game day logistics consistent with overall marketing plan.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Pirates Charities special events consistent with the development plan. Events include, but are not limited to, annual golf tournaments, Sporting Clays invitational, ROOT Sports Night and others.
- Effectively communicate event specifics and planning functions internally to all marketing staff as well as other departments and in all company meetings.
- Maintain department calendar of all events/important dates and help in generating game day planners to distribute to various departments during the season.
- Coordinate vendor selection process by gathering bids for supplies and services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Special Events.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed for assigned events or in game activities.
- Represent department at Club meetings in support of or in lieu of the Director, Special Events.
- Assist with game day guest logistics when necessary.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Management.
- Minimum of two (2) years marketing experience .
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Experience with the In-game Entertainment department of a professional sports team or collegiate athletic department.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Experience working with city and local authorities to secure necessary permits, city services, etc.