A quick summary about the Part-Time Merchandise Specialist role:
This role will be responsible for assisting customers at the Amway Center on game nights, with all aspects relating to the Team Shops located throughout the arena. Candidates must have strong customer service skills and be able to work in a busy, dynamic environment. Merchandise Specialist must be able to multi-task and work well with others.
What the Part-Time Merchandise Specialist will be responsible for:
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons on game nights
- Recognize wants and needs of each customer, to ensure a satisfactory shopping experience
- Up-sell specific products to patrons as directed by retail management
- Maintain superior knowledge of entire product line
- Achieve sales, productivity, and incentive goals
- Assist in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of assigned retail area(s)
- Restock key selling items during the game
- Process credit cards for customer transactions utilizing a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Ability to reconcile and appropriately closeout assigned workstation at end of each shift
- Maintain above average mystery shop scores
- Assure protection of company assets while adhering to company loss prevention policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
What the Part-Time Merchandise Specialist needs to have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Cash handling and credit card transaction experience required.
- Point of Sale (POS) experience required.
- 1-2 years of retail experience strongly preferred.
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills strongly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on feet for 5-7 hours per game
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
Please note that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm